Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Kingdom Stuff

I was listening to Job on my iPhone while I made dinner tonight and the Lord came tapping.  We've been worried lately-- about work and kids primarily--and He suddenly suggested I might be wise to simply give them up.  The kids, mostly, since that's what I seem to carry-- the fear of never getting pregnant, or getting pregnant and losing them, over and over, etc.  "They're My kids," He said.  "No matter how long you carry them, they're My kids." I would do well to feel honored that I get to carry them for any amount of time.

Same about a job for my husband.  All the jobs are God's! We cannot, by our worry or ingenuity, invent one for ourselves, any more than by trying we could cause conception.  There's a reason He says, "Seek first the Kingdom."  If all the work and all the children are His (and they are-- Ps. 127 and 1 Tim. 5:8), then they are all His stuff, and as we know, His stuff is, per force, Kingdom stuff.

So seek first the Kingdom.  And all these things shall be added unto you. Unto me.  And no matter what that looks like, He'll give me the strength to bear what He decides best suits the Kingdom.  Jesus said so.  And so did Mom.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

More tears this night.

"Thank you Jesus for talking to my Jessie-girl."

His voice is by far the best. Bless you, Sweetheart. I love you.

Emily said...

You say so concisely what I struggle with a lot. They are HIS kids...no matter what, no matter how old, whether days or years. Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life (or theirs for that matter?). For His glory, His kingdom. Always.
Thank you my dear.
Praying for you and yours.

Mama Griffith, said...

nice to hear your voice again...its been so long!

Hoe said...

True, no point getting fearful over what you haven't got anyway.
Glad that a simple truth liberates you from your fears and worries.