Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I'm His Favorite

I had sort of a rough morning.  But my husband said he would be praying for me all day and the longer the day went on the better it got.  I finished a project for my boss, got my desk cleared down to bare wood, had some good connections with clients, the sun finally came out, had a completely impromptu date with my honey at our favorite Mexican restaurant, and I bought Lobelia at Walmart.  Then we got home (and I didn't have to cook), and I got my front porch cleared off (mostly), some random plants planted, helped Honey set up a dog run so we can have our house back (thank you, Norman), and finally had my pills delivered so I can continue to eat.

Then I got in the shower and God made me forget to take my contacts out.  And so I got to watch the fireworks of the riotous sunset of the longest day of the year.  As a watercolorist I despair of ever getting pink like that on top of blue.  And then it morphs to apricot and I'm done.  The last of it was a smattering of sapphire-orange stars through the dark green of the trees that winked and blinked like fairy lights.

"To the one who pleases Him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness."  Ecclesiastes 2:26a
I may not be wise yet but I know that I am happy and so I must be pleasing to Him.  Which should sort out any bad day.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Sweet, Honey. Bless you.