Saturday, September 11, 2010

Isn't He Lovely?

Okay, so....... haven't blogged in..... well, long enough that I can't remember the last time I blogged. But! I have not been idle (curb those knowing snickers, girls; I can hear them from here), and no more has Jesus. I've been living so much I haven't been writing about it. But this afternoon I just wanted to pass along what Jesus has been beating into my head for the last several weeks. Ready for this?

"Have you asked Me?"

Even more simply, "Ask Me!"

He sees me worrying, fretting, trying to do things in my own strength, sort out what I'm to do, the when, the how, the where, the with-what-money, and He says, gently (and often with His sense of humor peaking through), "Have you even asked Me for help on that? I'm still you're dad! I'm still able! Just because these are new challenges, new roads, new emotions doesn't mean I don't know what to do. I have enough resources for your 'problem'. Honest. And did I mention I still love you?"

It's not like I don't trust Him when I remember to. But I'm a girl. I forget stuff. I need to be told and reminded and reassured early and often. And He's a brilliant, good, smart, kind Man, and He knows this. About me, about you, about everyone. So He does.

Deep sigh of relief! Isn't that lovely?

"Jesus, Jesus, How I trust Him,
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er.
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus,
Oh for grace to trust Him more."

4 comments:

Debbie said...

:-) Amen.

He's telling me, "Eyes, Debbie. Eyes on Me. Watch for My glory."

Trusting Him, a MOMENT at a time. For it all.

Thanks, once again, for sharing with your pen.

Love you!

Mama Griffith, said...

I left a video on facebook for you with that song. I love that song!

Samantha said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Love that song!
Oh for grace to trust Him more....
One day at a time, Sweet Jesus!

Sometimes it's hard, but He will give us the grace, we've only to ask.